Search This Blog

Saturday 27 November 2010

Diary Entry - 27th November, 1915

CO remains indoors. I had a very bad night. I suffered from stomach pains. Several  other men suffer also. It is put down to the water, and orders are given that all water must be boiled in future. A very heavy frost during the night, and I spent a miserable day, going to bed before dinner. I tried the afternoon with the O.B., and met Bee there, but a charcoal fire there knocked me out. A great movement of British aeroplanes, I am told, towards German lines – 40 in all.

2 comments:

  1. 40 planes ... plywood and brown paper. Poor blighters.

    His immune system is building itself up, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a picture of one among the photographs near the start of the blog - it looks as if it is held together with old shoelaces and bits of string.

    ReplyDelete