Search This Blog

Monday 10 October 2011

Diary Entry - 9th October, 1916

Walford: The Captain, Siggers and self went to the gun position in front of Euston Dump. Hoyland remained in the mess. The Captain took Siggers up to the OP with him to cut wire but, as it was overcrowded, Siggers returned to the battery and we worked on the combined 15th and 48th Mess there. We fired 600 rounds with the three guns.

Bee: I had a day off. I spent the morning sorting out papers that I had accumulated since we were here last. It was much finer today and looks as if we might get decent weather now. Walford, I see by orders, has had his name sent in for a decoration by the 11th Division for something he did while doing liaison officer at Stuff Redoubt. I have not seen him since we left here before. I went round to the 48th in the afternoon, but only found Hoyland in.

No comments:

Post a Comment