Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Diary Entry - 18th January, 1917

Walford: Thursday. Bosche shelled the vicinity periodically during the night with four twos and pip squeaks. I must add that I remained at OP on duty for Bde all night. He seemed to be trying to find a machine gun of ours just behind us, but never succeeded in silencing it. I was relieved at seven thirty a.m. by Hortayne. It was snowing and I walked straight back across country. It snowed all day. Bailly went to W.L and Siggers and self worked hard at the Mess and succeeded in getting it almost covered in.

Bee: Still very cold, froze all night and a little more snow. In the afternoon, I went with Walrond to the sawmills to try to get some timber and Nissan Huts at Acily [?] After a lot of riding, we found some. In the evening, Mills and Hughes came round.

No comments:

Post a Comment