Search This Blog

Sunday 29 January 2012

Diary Entry - 29th January, 1917

Walford: Sunday I can't place. Monday, Scott and I both returned to the guns, doing the journey by foot and lorry, arriving for lunch. It seemed as if all eyes in Bosch land were looking at us when we walked down the road to the four trees from Pozieres, as it was so clear. But no-one fired at us and we arrived safely., to find that Bailly had gone down to the WL and I had missed him.

Bee: Stayed in bed until late and loafed about but found it impossible to keep warm so went over to the 48th Mess where they had a fire. I have also got a boil on my left leg which is not much fun. Decided to go to the wagon line tomorrow. Thorburn was round today and said that Walford and I could go on leave and would be the next to go from this Brigade, which sounds very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment