Search This Blog

Monday 5 March 2012

Diary Entry - 5th March, 1917

Walford: Proceeded to the guns at eleven a.m. It had snowed in the night and there were about three inches of snow on the ground. It was too misty to shoot. Siggers and I relieved Barrett at the guns. The latter proceeded to the wagon lines to pay out. In the afternoon we shot 200 rounds on the wire as the sun put its nose through the mist at midday and a thaw set in.

Bee: It snowed all last night, about a 3-inch fall. Goodness knows what it will do next. It started thawing hard about midday. I had to throw in the sponge today. My boil got very sore. Todd came and saw me and sent me down to the wagon line. It is very hard on Bromley and Oakley, but I can't get about and am only miserable up at the guns and down here I ought to be able to give it more attention. Claudet ought to have been back yesterday but has not turned up so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment