Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Diary Entry - 6th March, 1917

Walford: Remained at old position all the morning and on going up to forward position in the afternoon, Thorburn came round and told me I was attached to the 15th battery until Claudet came back, as Bee was ill with boils and they only had Bromley and Oakleigh to do duty. So at four p.m. I relieved Wallace of the 50th at Brigade OP. In the evening, the Bosch sent over a salvo of five nines into Happy Valley, wounding Dean and four other men of the 71s. None of the wounds were serious and I believe Dean walked to the dressing station. However, he was sent to the base.

Bee: Still all day. Walked down the lines at stables. The boil gave me fits the first part of the night but after that it burst and I got some sleep so I am lucky in many ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment